18 April 2010

Philofaxy London Meet

Well with skies over Europe a no go area for aeroplanes this weekend, Laurie found herself stranded in London this weekend. So Laurie and I hastily arranged to meet up in London on Sunday. In a traditional sort of cliché way, we met under the clock at Waterloo Station. Well it seemed an obvious place. This is the first time we had met, so it was great to put a true face and a voice to the many written messages we have exchanged in the last year or so.

Laurie had been in London all week so I updated her on what had been going on on Philofaxy during the week. Over coffee in Tate Modern we sat for a good half hour or more discussing lots of stuff about the blog and Filofax and planners. I'm not quite sure what anyone might have made of us sat their in animated conversation, especially when we got our Filofax organisers out. Laurie was especially keen to see my Filofax Slimline Finsbury, including the latest addition of the change holder. Laurie had her Deco with her, which is a lovely organiser, and today it was full to the limit!

Laurie was telling me about her visit to the Filofax store, sadly they don't open on Sundays otherwise I'm sure we would have walked there too, although I'm not sure if either of us could have resisted the temptation to buy another organiser or at least some inserts.

Laurie also had two different size Dodopads with her which was interesting to see. You can read about them on the site. I was interested to hear about the
change in the formatting of the individual pages to accommodate the different shape and smaller size to fit a personal size Filofax. So I explained to Laurie how I go about creating pages for A5 Filofax organisers. If you want to know how, you should read my post on this over on the German Filofax Blog, I will post something on Philofaxy soon

The sun was quite warm so we carried on our discussions during a long walk around the South Bank area of London, crossing over the Millennium Bridge to view St Paul's cathedral. I did my tourist guide bit pointing out several buildings and landmarks. We saw Shakespeare's Globe Theatre which had huge crowds outside of it... I later found out that there was an event on their to celebrate Shakespeare's birthday.

Whilst strolling along the south bank to walk off lunch, we continued to discuss lots of ideas for the blog and Filofax in general. I'm sure some of these ideas will eventually become future posts on the blog I'm sure.

It was great to meet up and may be we might consider planning future meet ups with our readers as well.

I hope Laurie has a safe journey back to her family in Europe soon. 



.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so happy the two of you were able to meet. I think it would be great to have a meeting of readers.

    I'm jealous too because, although I've always wanted to travel to London, I confess that my desire to do so has increased since learning that there are a few Filofax stores there (there aren't any Filofax stores in the US, though many retailers sell their products).

    My husband and I are thinking of somewhere to go for our 5th wedding anniversary next year and London is one of the places I'd love to consider, though I don't think he'd find shopping for new planners very romantic. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's lovely that you finally met up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was one of my favorite posts! It would be so great to do an Philofaxy convention of some kind wouldn't it?! My husband and I are planning on going to Ireland next year and we'd love to throw in a trip to England as well. What do you all think? Let's DO it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks to Steve for coming in to London to meet me! He was a fantastic "tour guide" while we walked around the area. We had a wonderful conversation about all kinds of things, especially Filofaxes but also Tube maps, real estate and traveling. I had a great time, and it was so nice to finally meet him face to face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that is so awesome i almost can't even stand it!!!

    yay laurie and steve : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey!! I'm so glad you could meet! I also wanted to meet with Laurie, but this stupid cold I got since friday is threatening to turn into a sinus infection...
    Also, I don't think I would've served as a tour guide, I haven't been here long enough to know my way around the city...

    A future meeting of us Philofaxers could be really fun, especially now that I live here :D

    ReplyDelete