16 September 2010
Reader Under The Spot Light - Gail
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I bought my first Filofax in June this year, it was the black A5 Identity. After the first week with it, I was hooked and wanted more.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I’ve never used another brand...though I did have a huge wall planner that I thought I would never be able to live without till I got a Filofax.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
My favourite at the moment is my newest, which is the Personal Ochre Malden. It just looks, feels and smells superior.
I own 13 Filofax organisers so far (15 when the pocket Winchester and Personal Classic arrives from e-bay) and I have a use for nearly all of them now.
5. What do you use your Filofax for?
Oh there are lots of uses....a household one, Book reviews, Notebook, Quotes, Journal, my handbag has one. I am a Teaching Assistant so I have two I use for school, my appointment/planner that I write everything in. Hoping to move house soon so one will be getting used as a Moving Organiser.
6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
They never look out of date, you can use them for any purpose and then change them to be used for something else.
7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
I would love bigger rings and maybe bigger pen loops to hold chunkier sized pens and have 2 pen loops on Personal sized Filofax organisers. Lifestyle packs for students and Christmas, maybe lifestyle packs for other professions other than the office worker, for example, teachers, doctors...mobile hairdressers etc, or even to move house lists.
8. How do you carry your Filofax?
A red Pocket Metropol is in my handbag, I have one in my School bag, one next to my computer and keep the others in a canvas bag.
9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I love the Malden, just got the pocket black one to replace the red pocket Metropol I carry in my handbag. Hoping to get the Personal Kendal next.
10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
It was the A5 Saddle Cuban, it cost about £82. I have some school stuff in it, but daren’t take into school with me.....not sure I would dare leave it on my desk around pupils.
11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
A place to come to talk everything Filofax, read about other people’s experiences with theirs and to get ideas.
12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Having to wait a full week for Free For All Friday.....can we have another one earlier in the week please?
13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?
The Eclipse Soundtrack....I’m a huge Twilight Fan and this soundtrack is really very good.
Thank you Gail for going under the Twilight...I mean Spotlight!