30 December 2010

Year Goals

We are getting very close to the New Year, so may be it is time to sit down and plan out your goals for the forthcoming year.

These goals can be anything such as lose 30 lbs or kgs in weight, learn to speak a new language, sort out your digital photo collection. Anything that is personal to you.

Having them in a chart in your planner helps you tackle these goals and helps you achieve them without exhausting yourself!

To help you chart your goals Amanda sent us her own templates to help you chart them. She says:
I like to write maybe just one or two big goals in each quarter-year, then use the month and week bits to 'project-manage'.

The weekly goals then get slotted into the diary/planner (so they have half a chance of getting done!).

It's not foolproof, but it might help some. I have found that just writing my goals down isn't enough for me - I then need to do a bit more to make them happen!
The files are now on-line in the Files page:
The files are set for A4 but they will 'Z fold' in to an A5 without any problems.  Thank you to Amanda for sharing the files.

6 comments:

  1. My pleasure! I hope people find them useful (but maybe I'm alone in needing to 'project-manage me'!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! Thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks a million for this template! Very useful. Plus, I'm gonna print one out for DH, who always seems to loose track along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad others find them useful (and it's a relief to know I'm not the only one who project manages herself!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually just keep a simple list of things I want to get done - in general, not necessarily for the year. This, however, may make me put a little more effort into it. One of the big projects I want to at least start this year is organizing my photos, putting them into albums. The project is so big I almost don't want to start. This was supposed to get done last year but I never even started it then. Thanks for the template.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Goals and plans are not--I mean they're part of a fantasy, they're part of a dream life."--Wallace Shawn, "My Dinner with Andre" (1981), dir. Louis Malle

    ReplyDelete