30 January 2011

Date for your Filofax - Sunday 6 Feb 2011

We are going to run another conference roundtable voice chat using Skype.

I'm sure we are gradually getting to know each other's voices, but I will make a point of going 'around the table' to get everyone to introduce themselves this time.

So...When, Where, What, Who and How?

When? - Sunday 6 February from 12am (US East Coast time), 5pm London time, 6 pm Paris time etc.

Where? - an on-line chat using Skype.

What do I need? - just a micro-phone and a free Skype account.

Who - All of you... connect up with Philofaxy and we will attempt to get as many of us linked in to the audio conference as possible.

How -
  1. Connect to Philofaxy by firstly searching for Philofaxy in Skype, I will then add you as a contact.
  2. Then  'Start Chat',  I will then add you in to the chat room. 
  3. Then if you request it, I can add you to the audio conference as well. But if you just want to chat via keyboard that's fine. That way it's slightly less hectic for me! 
Come and join in the fun, even if you only pop in to say hello...

As with previous round-tables there will also be a parallel text chat room going at the same time as the voice conference.

If you need any assistance setting up Skype, please pop a comment in this post and I will try and help you get one line. Skype is free for computer to computer calls....

Hope to be chatting with you next Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. I'm planning to get the Skype app for my iPhone which should be arriving tomoro, so I will hopefully be joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the diary, however I shall be on chat only as usual, if I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I won't be able to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you mean 12pm East coast time, am would be midnight. 9am out here on the West coast, though, so probably not a great time for me to join in. Maybe I'll catch the next one.

    ReplyDelete