23 March 2014

Reader Under The Spotlight Hollie

I have always had a love for planners and pens. I have never fully been satisfied with any planner purchase until recently.  I honestly cannot believe I had never heard of Filofax before a few weeks back. I feel so cheated. I guess there is a time for everything and this was my time. Actually now it has become an addiction.

Aside from my love of planners and pens I have an amazing family. 6 beautiful kids and an amazing husband of 20 years. They don't understand my love of planners but they have come to accept me as I am:) 

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?  

I purchased my first Filofax in January of 2014. It was a personal Finsbury in Raspberry. Of course I could not wait and drove 200 miles to a store to also purchase an A5 Fleuro Pink Original as well as purchasing an Aqua Malden from one of the Facebook pages.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using? 

I have many Franklin Covey, Daytime as well as Erin Condren and Paper Plum. I also recently started purchasing Gillio’s, yikes!

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)? 

Gillio Compagna Medium Crocco Green…I can only pick one??

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own? 

Four Filofax’s

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection? 

My purple personal Malden (everything I have, I purchased within the last 60days)

6. What do you use your Filofax for? 

Family (I have 6 kids), Finances, Journaling, work, and Dieting (it doesn’t help)

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most? 

The softness of the leather and how you could stuff them (specifically the Malden).

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature? 

It would be super squishy, come in a variety of fun and conservative colors, multiple ring size options, lots of pockets. It would be really neat if they offered a design your own. Where you could have some different options and you build it and they custom make it.

9. How do you carry your Filofax? 

In my purse (in a protective pouch).

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it? 

My favorite has been the Malden and the Osterely. I have them both in personal but really would love an A5 in each. I am anxious to see the spring release.

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model? 

$162 Personal Malden Ochre New

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack? 

There are so many good ones. Hmmmmm….I did receive a purchase and the rings had a slight gap…I opened and closed them 20 times, which did help make them a little tighterJ

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most? 

It would be easier to answer  What I don’t like….NOTHING. I love Philofaxy it’s so full of great information, fun and exciting stuff, and an opportunity to connect with wonderful and amazing planner nuts like me.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

Should have read this first…NOTHING!

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

Lets see….. Justin Timberlake’s new album…sigh.

16.  Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?  

HUH?

Thank you Hollie for going under our spotlight. 

If you would like to go under our spotlight and be featured on Philofaxy, please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com

9 comments:

  1. Loved reading this Hollie. I love the Maldens too. Have just realised that the Mark D'Arcy, Daniel Cleaver choice is impossible. Without giving the plot away as a spoiler ... Philofaxers will just have to read the latest Helen Fielding Bridgit Jones novel to find out what I mean!!! Thanks again Hollie... and I know what you mean about the diet planner.... It doesn't cure the urge for choccy or salty munchies!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Butanben I didn't realise the new Bridget Jone's Diary was out yet, I will have to order it from my library tomorrow!

      Hi Hollie! I don't know if I should tell you this (you're poor, poor wallet!) but there is a company that let's you design your own leather, ring bound planner. I can't think of the name off the top of my head so I shall go and dig it out and let you know ;)

      Delete
    4. Butanben, I am going to have to read the Bridget Jones diary now.

      Delete
  2. Amanda Carter, days after submitting these responses I found Van der spek and my first is in transit to me as we speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've been sucked in as quickly as I was :D

    ReplyDelete