27 March 2014

Filofax Tip No. 7

So today's tip.

If you are new to Filofax, or you want to try a new size of organiser. Before you go and buy an expensive organiser, consider buying just some paper in the size you think you want to use and try out for a few days, create a simple folder in some card with some tags to hold the paper in place.

Alternatively buy an inexpensive organiser and use that for a few weeks and see how it works for you with the other things you will be carrying in it. Review your use of the organiser, how much space there is to write in it on a busy day. Does it take all the cards and extras.

Once you have satisfied yourself then by all means buy a more expensive model and you can keep the other one as a storage binder for unused inserts or as a place to archive your older diary inserts.

Until the next tip happy organising.  Check out other tips here.

4 comments:

  1. Great tip for people preparing to invest in an expensive binder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did exactly that!
    I got myself some inserts tied them together with ribbon and tried using that work a few weeks.
    Then I get myself a cheap planner to try out as well.
    Needless to say it worked, I love having a planner now.
    Just building up to my first FF...one day I will own a Malden.

    You can read about it here (http://thekentishkitchen.blogspot.co.uk/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a Metropol for that reason and ended up liking it so well, that I don't really want an expensive one. Well, unless I can find a mini Malden in scarlet or ochre. Not gonna settle for anything else, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great tip and I have definitely done this. It works if you want to try a new format, too. Create it on your computer or even draw it out and try it for a few days before you buy. Actually trying it can help you see flaws you might not otherwise see.

    ReplyDelete