23 August 2010

Restyle your Filofax

So you don't have the latest Filofax, this years colours or styles, but you would love something different, may be a style no one has got. And you have an organiser in the back of your cupboard that is just collecting dust....

Why not recycle it... take a look at what Violet Le Beaux did with her black leather organiser... may be not to everyone's taste I will agree, but for those of you that are skilled at crafts then may be this might work for you.

Seeing this I wondered if you could make a similar cover that you could just slip on to an existing organiser, leaving the original undamaged underneath and allowing you to have a few different covers you could change, and also allow you to wash them every so often when they get a little grubby...

Just a few ideas on a cool breezy Monday morning.....

7 comments:

  1. OMG...I could never do that to my beloved Filofaxs. There are beautiful as they are, no need to "Jazz" them up.

    To me, that looks like what we did at school with our books....back them with wallpaper or decorate them.....

    Nope, leave them as they are...if they start looking a bit tatty, best excuse to buy a new one. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind a slip-off cover, but the thought of doing anything permanent to any of my Filofaxes makes me twitch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Likewise I think a slip on cover could work very well, it could in fact protect the leather from becoming stained/marked etc. I too wouldn't like anything permanent.

    Although I think the idea was that if it was an old organiser and may be a damaged one then this idea could restore its glory...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for linking me :) A slip on cover would be great too for regular Filofaxes though in this case it most definitely wouldn't be the cure as my lovely old Filofax had been coming apart at the seams. I much prefer to give a little life in my current style and make it functional again than to retire it completely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to disagree with some of the comments on here. Violet mentioned herself that her old Filofax was coming apart at the seams, so in reality, she was fixing it in a way that catered to her style and personality. I love it, and I'm inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim you are right, if the Filofax were otherwise unusable, there would be no drawback to permanently altering it. Especially when the result is as creative and beautiful as Violet's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim you are right, if the Filofax were otherwise unusable, there would be no drawback to permanently altering it. Especially when the result is as creative and beautiful as Violet's! :)

    ReplyDelete