13 July 2011

Reader Under the Spotlight - Rori

So this time Rori has stepped forward to go under the spotlight. 

She is relatively new to Philofaxy, having discovered us 'last fall' (Autumn). She is a busy lady being a mom of twins, planner addict, a lover of pens, paper, pencils, planners and film photography. But she still finds time to blog and be very active on Twitter.

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I bought my first Filofax last fall sometime, shortly after I started my first blog. The blog was called "redforrori", so I bought a personal size red Domino to match. I intended to use it only for the blog, but I liked it so much, it wasn't long before I was using it for everything. Soon after that I bought a pocket size Gooseberry green Domino and I used that as a wallet for a while. Addiction ensued.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I've used so many things! Franklin Covey for years (it was no bueno for me), Planner Pad (in several iterations, which worked ok), various and sundry box store generic planners (boring), and then after I found Philofaxy, a FILOFAX (or five)!!

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My favorite is probably still my personal size Cuban Zip, and that is primarily because the leather is so marvelous. Also, I used it for long enough for it to become a bit of a "lovey blankie" for me.

A5 is my preferred size though, and I was blessed enough to be gifted with an A5 Finsbury in raspberry recently. I loveses it.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

*blushes* Five. The red Domino, a personal blue Topaz that I bought for my birthday this year, the personal size Cuban Zip in saddle brown, a Baroque in black I bought from eBay because I love the style, and the A5 Finsbury. (I gave the pocket Domino to my son)

5. What do you use your Filofax for?

Until very recently, I used the Cuban and then the Topaz for my main planner. However, I have since decided that the personal size just does not have enough space for me, and so I'm still debating the virtues of moving completely into the A5. Mid-year is not the best time to purchase Filofax inserts.

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The beauty, variety and function of the leather binders. I love the fact that you can carry all sorts of "stuff" around with you. My favorite blog posts about Filofaxes are the ones where people show their Filofax all "stuffy and fluffy".

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Better inserts! Nicer paper, different layouts (like the months WITH the weekly pages), and I would make the personal size inserts wider to be more useful. There's plenty of space in all my personal binders for wider pages!

8. How do you carry your Filofax?

In one of my Vera Bradley totes. I carry a large bag, so portability is not a big issue for me. I had the Cuban out all the time though, because the leather invites petting ;)

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I adore the personal Ochre Malden. I probably won't be buying it soon, unless I find that I can work with the personal size again.

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

The most I've spent was $99 on the Cuban Zip. Worth. Every. Penny.

11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

What's not to like? I've made the most wonderful friends within this community! People are kind, funny, interesting, and wonderfully accepting and encouraging. Philofaxy is also one of only 2 blogs I read every single day, despite being subscribed to many more.

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

This is a trick question, right?

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?

I don't generally download whole albums, but individual songs that I like. I love classic country, and some of the new country. The last 2 songs I downloaded were "Knee Deep" by the Zac Brown Band and Jimmy Buffet; and "Overnight Male" by George Strait (who is my babe ;o) , but I also really love Larry Gatlin, Marty Robbins, and Chris LeDoux.


Thank you Rori for agreeing to go under the spotlight.

18 comments:

  1. Rori! It's about time you went under the spotlight, lady! ;D

    I loved reading more about you and your Filofax addiction, I mean adoration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a great series, hope there are many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to hear more about you, Rori :) I agree, I'm really enjoying these & hope there are more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post, Rori! Your sense of humor is just lovely. Thanks! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Should anyone else wish to 'go under the spotlight' or go back under the spotlight. Then please get in touch... philofaxy at gmail dot com
    Regards
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  6. RORI!!! Yay : ) I loved reading your story and I too adore your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! love this. it's nice to "formerly" meet you (although i feel like i know you already). i like how you blush with the amount of filos you own. there's no blushing over here in philofaxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rori, I just loved this post. Comforting to know that other folks carry large tote bags and love the A5's. Loved the 'stuffy and fluffy'comment..... made me giggle.... I like those kind of posts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Philofaxy for the gracious opportunity to be a "Reader Under the Spotlight"!

    And thank you all for your kind comments!
    Y'all are so awesome!!
    Love ya xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Rori! I am in love with your Cuban Zip but that not-lying-flat thing would annoy me to no end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading about you, Rori! I enjoy the "stuffy and fluffy" as well. It would be awesome to have a daily peak inside the stuffy and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was nice to read more about your obsession! :-D Hehe the Cuban is so beautiful so i see why its your favorite :-D I love the picture of you! You look so happy with your Filofaxes hehe :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay Rori! Great post. I especially love your latest music downloads. I too just downloaded Zac Brown and Jimmy Buffett. And George! Who doesn't love him? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh!!!! That blue Topaz is GORGEOUS! Do they make it in A5?

    I really enjoyed reading your interview!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your sense of humor, too, Rori - so authentic - and of course, I love your addiction b/c it helps to justify mine! Have you "petted" the Holborn Zips yet? they are lucious, too!

    ReplyDelete