31 July 2011
Reader Under The Spotlight - Anita
When I'm not reading about filofaxes, I can be found doing the accounts for a petsitting/dogwalking franchise business, seeing my shiatsu clients (a Japanese complementary therapy) or throwing people around (whilst doing a martial art called aikido).
You can read my filofax blog posts here (more to come!) or see what I'm up to on Twitter here.
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I bought my first Filofax in 2009, which was a cherry personal Classic. Once it was delivered I was hooked!
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I've only used Filofax, but as a compulsive window-shopper I've considered Succes, Day Timer & many others.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
My wonderful crimson personal Malden. My cherry Classic sadly developed some strange creasing & cracking to the leather, & Filofax kindly offered to replace it even though I hadn't bought it from them. After reading all the Malden enabling posts, I decided I had to have one & got Filofax to send me a Malden as my replacement instead.
4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
Two, but soon to be one - I would imagine the majority of Philofaxy readers own more! I recently decided to become a one-filofax woman, partly to cut down on my possessions & also as the other filos were no match for my magic Malden. I have owned my cherry Classic as mentioned, a purple Finsbury mini & a chocolate mini Cross. I sold both the minis on eBay & am also now selling my personal Kendal.
5. What do you use your Filofax for?
I'm a Getting Things Done & Zen Habits fan, so I use it to keep all next actions, MITs (most important tasks) & details of projects/goals in one place. It's also used for notes, inspirational quotes, sudoku & reading (I pulled apart a couple of small books & hole-punched them).
6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
The flexibility of being able to move things around compared to normal notebooks, & how gorgeous they are.
7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
A holder for my iPod touch. I love purple, so more in this colour would be great.
8. How do you carry your Filofax?
It stays on my desk next to my PC most of the time, but I have started taking it out with me more recently in my red leather Saccoo bag or my Ellie spotty Old Bag.
9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I'm a real Malden fan, so I'm trying not to look at the other sizes or colours. Umm, no. Well, not for the time being!
10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
I spent £41.00 on my cherry personal Classic, which I was very pleased to get in a sale.
11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
Lots of lovely info about filofaxes & that it feels like a community. It's one of the websites I visit the most often.
12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
To copy Rori's excellent answer - 'this is a trick question, right?'
13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?
Wasting Light by the Foo Fighters.
Thank you Anita.... and before you ask, no you don't have to be a crimson Malden owner to appear in this series!