18 January 2012

Filofax 2012 News... Chapter 2

I laid the pages on my desk in front of me...... 

Is it safe to come out yet? Yes that was a cruel thing to do this morning wasn't it.....

OK let's get down to business... what will you see this year... not every single detail, but some of the 'headlines' that I'm sure you will be interested in...

So new to the range.... first off... Purple Malden in Mini, Pocket, Personal, A5... no need to read any further is there....  oh you want to know what else was in the envelope...

How about a Raspberry Finsbury in A4 size, should brighten up that end of the range. Some other new Finsbury colours such as yellow and blue in all the popular sizes.

Some brighter sounding colours for the Classic in Sage and Lilac. Osterley brown is replaced by orange.

This year is the year the Compact size expands in to more styles and colours, with compacts being made available at all price points in the range. Overall the new colours sound as if things are brighter and more colourful compared to the 2011 range.

Now we have heard about some of the outgoing colours and models, some quite short lived styles, the Chameleon will be made extinct this year.  Also surprisingly the Slimline in Finsbury and Cuban will be going.. replaced by the new Compacts I suppose...

Also good bye Kendal, it has I suppose had a long run... Likewise a lot of the Zipped organisers are set to disappear from the range.

Maldens in Vintage Pink, Black and Grey are also due to bow out this year. Ochre lives on.

Short lived life for the Regency and Enigma.

As usual some Finsbury colours disappear to be replaced by others, like wise the Domino, and Apex...

There are some new models... but my 'insider' wasn't able to grab any digital pictures... so we will have to wait for details of that they look like... he muttered something about sending off his film to Kodak to get it processed.. so 1950's....

As usual as we get any Filofax news we will of course share it with you.....

Finally, I would like to thank my dear wife Alison for polishing up my basic story line and developing it in to that cliff hanging suspense thriller you had to enjoy/endure this morning...  but I will take the credit/blame for the way it finished... by not telling you anything!

Thank you for being such great sports...

Oh just one more thing.....

34 comments:

  1. Yippeee!!!!!! Purple Malden will be mine before 2012 is out!

    As long as it is Finchley Purple and not Aston Purple! If Aston purple will have to think long and hard! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the build up!

    Agreed Sharon! Filofax did tease a bit on their Facebook page that they would have a purple malden - so happy it's true! Yet strangely I'm more excited by the yellows, greens and blues entering the catalogue. Perhaps I've had purple overload with my two Finchleys! I'm really hoping there is more choice in A5 this year, both in binder and inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple Malden?!! My head pretty much burst at that point! Depends what kind of purple though. Hmmm.

    Maybe should of waited before ordering the Orche, but it's so purdy. Treating the postman as if he's Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in as someone whose head exploded upon hearing of the Purple Malden - my credit card, on the other hand, is just weeping.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! The purple Malden will be on my birthday list! Not sure about the orange Osterley though, won't it look cheap??
    And yay for more compacts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple Malden :o Excellent news! I can't wait to see it. I like the idea of a more colourful range and hope this extends to the accessories (page markers, dividers etc) too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple Malden?! I nearly spilled my coffee when I read your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Imy - my real interest is in the Alice. Will be saving up...

    However I am one of the few people that love the Enigma so would be interested in one of those if anyone sees them on sale ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, purple Malden - and in a compact, that would be even better! Are these the only two colours of Malden, do we know? The ochre and the purple? I'm thinking teal ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Purple Malden..... will have to get that new job asap. Would love that.Even better would be a crimson in A5..... sigh and wistful dreaming.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a quick question Steve - do you know when these products will be launched / available?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @alisonr they will be phased in I believe from March onwards through to as late as July for some models/colours.

    Departing models/colours will be sold until stocks are finished in the usual way I would think.

    I might have more information by this time next week.... no I promise not to tease you all in quite the same way again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sigh - i am still waiting for a Malden in racing green... maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really looking forward to see some more bright colours - I thought last year's range was a bit dark and dull with all these grey, brown and black Filos...

    ReplyDelete
  15. A4 raspberry finsbury...interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thrilled to learn of brighter colors to come. I love my Osterly in Plum, but it is very dark. In fact, I ordered a pink Classic A5. That's not a color I would normally choose, but I just needed a bit of brightness. (It is scheduled to arrive today!!)

    Still a bit of suspense in this post...leaving the Temperley til the end. Loved the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A purple Malden!? Be still, my beating heart.

    ReplyDelete
  18. SSA- I'm totally with you. While I'm excited to see what shade of purple they come out with, I really want to see a deep green Malden.

    Fingers crossed for 2013...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I do love purple. Though I have to say my Finsbury orange is the most stunning colour.

    I can see that Filofax is aiming at a predominantly female and/or trendled market now and I love all my binders BUT I wish they would put more effort into their planner system these days. There are so many time management systems that run rings around them (is that a pun?)and are way more innovative these days. It's a pity they seem to have moved away from that more into pretty binders.

    It would be so nice to see new and different systems available for their planners particularly at A5 size. There is definitely the market out there as the templates available show.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Purple Malden?!
    I could be very tempted, especially as I've recently ordered a purple 13" Cambridge satchel :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That image is totally drool worthy! As a newbie though, I don't know what it is! Help?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well said Janet! It must be a gender thing though that NOT ONE male has commented on this post (so far!). We men are clearly not getting that excited about vivid purples and oranges!

    Whilst fashionable binder colours may be increasingly important to Filofax sales (and some have been a bit drab in the past), I totally agree that they need to remember that serious users also yearn for improved content, systems and above all QUALITY (especially paper/forms).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have to agree about inserts... Hopefully we will get some new inserts!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am quite happy to see the Ochre Malden still there.. Need to get a A5 version of that (saving harder and harder) and would like a Crimson A5 as well in course of time.. but would like more blacks and browns in new designs and in A5 as well please! (there.. the gender balance restored!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. If this were an election, looks like the purple Malden would win!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Alison Reeves, I was in the Neal Street store yesterday and the Enigma was on sale, 50% off. They had more discounted than the web site.

    @Whimsical Harmony, I too bought a classic in pink (personal) after finding my Plum Osterley too dark for this time of year. The pink is much brighter and 'happier' on a dull grey day.

    Orange Osterley, I just can't picture it.

    The purple malden sounds fab but I would much prefer a classic green.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow. I just bought a personal crimson Malden...and purple is my favorite color....

    ReplyDelete
  28. I agree about the serious lack of green filofaxes. Green is just lovely and isnt appreciated as a nice colour anymore. Come on Filofax, bring on the green machines!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi there,

    I'm in the market for my first Filofax and was hoping I could get some feedback for those who have the Osterly model. I was looking at the A5 size but have heard some negative comments with respect to the firmness of the leather and the pen holders. Can anyone comment on this? How is the Amazona compared to this model and are there any other models that are similiar. I'm looking for an organizer that has a bit of design flair but is also soft and supple that it will lie flat once opened.

    Thanks in advance for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Please don't look like Barney, please don't look like Barney, please don't look like Barney...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Also...racing green would be BRILLIANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This was a cool read! Have a Great Week!

    ReplyDelete