22 February 2012

Free Personal size 2012 diary sets to download and print for your Filofax

As promised, today we're making available the Personal size 2012 diary sets. These are layouts each covering the whole of 2012, but this time for the Filofax Personal. They are created as A4 documents with each A4 sheet yielding 2 double-sided pages.

Print the sets double-sided. If you have a duplex printer, set it to flip on the short edge. If you don't then you'll have to print odd-numbered pages and then refeed to print the even-numbered pages on the reverse. You might have to experiment to find out how to refeed the paper.

On one side of each sheet you'll find crop marks. Use a craft knife and a steel ruler to release the Personal pages and punch them. The templates are set up with mirrored gutters to accommodate the holes.

You can print these on any paper you like, which will please fountain pen users particularly.

So, here are your downloads.

1. Personal TM Week Per View
Based on the first of our new A5 layouts, we've made certain compromises to get this onto Personal size pages. There is no room for the mini-calendars, nor for the communications and coming up sections. But we're really pleased with the result.


Download Word Version or PDF version 

2. Two Days Per Page unlined

This one is a very straightforward implementation of our 2DPP A5 layout.


Download Word Version or PDF version.

3. Two Days Per Page lined
Again, we've just adapted our 2DPP A5 layout. It's the same as no 2, but with lines.


Download Word Version or PDF version.

4. Two Days Per Page with icons

This one is a bit of fun, and results from a special request. Based on the lined version, each day has a vertical strip of icons. As well as a set of weather icons (sun, cloud, rain, wind, snow) which you can use to record the prevailing weather each day, there's also a little face for you to draw in a mouth line representing your mood - a smile, a frown, a wide 'O' of surprise, perhaps even a little teardrop.


Download Word Version or PDF version.

We're not done yet with Personal layouts. I am working on a week per page layout and we also want to produce versions that can be printed straight onto Filofax Personal paper, plus undated versions. Of course. We will  also make the source files available so that fellow bearers of the Geek gene can tinker.

Creative Commons License
This work by Philofaxy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Please download, adapt, use, share, but don't charge or use commercially.

22 comments:

  1. Very cool guys! I love the little icons! And the week to view looks fantastic, might need to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! They look great! Can't wait to see what's coming next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's coming next is Month on a page and month to a view, both for A5 and personal. I was skeptical about these; I didn't think each day would get enough room to be usable, but when I saw Steve's idea the concept grew on me, and reading this week's 'How do You Use' comments it's clear these layouts can come in handy.

    Oh, and getting the mail merge set up properly for Personal-size month to a view and building the conditional expressions for first and last page was one of the hardest couple of hours I've ever spent at a PC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, thanks to Steve and Ray for creating these. Such dedication (:

    The TM Week to View looks like it will work for me but I use a Pocket. Will that be available as well? I'm just not sure how much tinkering I'll need to do myself to make this for a Pocket.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic!!! Thanks you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working on a Pocket sized template.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work. Well done both of you and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work Steve and Ray!! Will you be making a day on 1 or day on 2 pages based on Time Management available for personal? Thanks!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @TPS: Will look at Personal-size DPP on A4, but there is already a version you can print straight to Personal pages: http://mylifeallinoneplace.blogspot.com/2012/01/2012-page-per-day-for-filofax-personal.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look amazing. I particularly like the icons, thanks Ray ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Ray: Yay for Pocket size! Didn't think you would, but was hoping for it.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh I love the one with icons!! I use cotton cream paper in my personal, does anyone know of suitable cotton cream paper to print for personal? I have the filofax branded white paper, but already regretting that purchase as I really have no use for it.

    Can I also say again thank you so much to Steve and Ray. These are just wonderful. I am going to keep this icon version in my personal for a journal/collage book. I am also working on editing the A5 layouts to meet my personal needs, something I have never been able to do before and the fact that this has allowed me to is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful, thank you! And maybe I can examine these and determine the settings for a mirrored gutter - I needed that, yesterday.

    Thanks again!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Steve and Ray. I downloaded and started to print the A5 Time Management Week to View,having downloaded it in Word, but the lines were very pale and I couldn't read them, even when I highlighted and made everything in Bold and changed the printer cartridge.Is it me and my printer or is there another chart format I can highlight in Microsoft 2010 package? I tried this highlighting the second chart along, which gave bolder lines, but not in groups of 5, as you set out. E. mail me at je.mccourt@virgin.net..... I am not tecchie as in mail merging, but there may be something obvious I am not doing in Word. Thanks guys for all your hard, hard work on this. It is just so much better than Filofax are offering their consumers and just so grateful to see the fabulous ideas you are coming out with for us all. Marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much, these are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Ray. Thanks for the e. mail and tips Ray. That was very kind of you to take time out to mail me. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. CatB...I'm going to try printing on a high-quality business paper, 24-lb, with 25% cotton content (Southworth is the brand that's available to me locally). I don't know whether it will exactly match the Filofax cotton cream, but I'm sure it will be close enough. I've been using white DPP for a couple of years now, but I'd love DPP in cotton cream...and right now the only way is to print my own.

    However, since I live in the US, I'll have to adjust the template to print 3-up on letter-size paper rather than 4-up on A4.

    You can print on individual sheet of Personal Cotton Cream, but that would be much more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for taking the time to create these templates. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liisa
      Yes we have found the source of the problem. The Word versions are the correct size. We are just redoing the PDF's now.
      Regards
      Steve

      Delete
  20. This is an awesome labor of love and I thank you for sharing it with us! I printed the Vertical weekly format for October 2012 - a stop gap until my 5 x 8 QV planner arrives via post - and realise gratefully now why a smaller format is ideal for me. I have terrible handwriting! I'm practicing calligraphy to correct it for more than my students' sakes. In any case, your templates were just the ticket! Many, many thanks! SisDr

    ReplyDelete