26 December 2010

The Power of Thank You

I heard an interesting story on NPR (National Public Radio here in the U.S.) this morning. It hit home, because I already planned to spend the day organizing my daily priorities for next year.

If you click that link, you can hear and read a transcript of an interview with John Kralik, author of 365 Thank Yous: The Year A Simple Act of Daily Gratitude Changed My Life.

Kralik decided to write one Thank You note every day for the year 2008. It started out like any other new year's resolution, but it turned out to be a catalyst for positive and much needed changes in his life.

If any of us plan to try to same resolution this year, I bet we'll use our Filofaxes to keep track of the list of notes, recipients, and results!

UK link:

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely story! Thanks for sharing with us. It made me smile today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great idea! I think about doing this in 2011. Last year I tried to give a smile to as many people as possible, since it's said to be contagious ;) (Which really is true). So, giving a "Thank you" every day is a good continuity! I'm sure it will brighten up our days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book comes out today. I pre-ordered a copy yesterday and it's already shipped. Thanks for letting me know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just recently, I started something like this. It's just a small list really. But after having read this post, I think I will incorporate it into my "Me" binder. I've also added the book to my list of "must reads" for 2011. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the book was due out on the 28th, and it appeared on my doorstep on the 28th, and I read the whole thing on the 28th. First time I've ever read a book on its publication date! Easy, fast read with some laughter and some tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What great customer service, and, by the sounds of it, a great book!

      Delete