26 December 2010

Print your own A4 or A5 Diary and Year Planner for 2011

We are approaching the end of the year. If you haven't decided yet on which diary format to use next year, may be you would like to try something you have printed yourself.

Earlier this year I did a post about printing your own calendar from within MS Outlook.  If you are printing for A5 format then you will find my post on booklet printing essential reading.

Whilst researching diary options for my new Filofax Classic A4 organiser, I came across a site that you could create your own printable diary in A4 format. These will also booklet print to fit A5.

So I have created a few different formats to try out. They are all a week on two pages with the days in vertical columns. The differences should be self-explanatory. I've done them in hourly and half hourly appointment intervals, and with appointments between 08:00 to 19:00 or 08:00 to 21:00. Each one has a notes column on the right hand side and To-Do areas for each day at the head of the each column and a blank notes area at the foot of each day column. Using the shorter appointments span just gives you more space at the foot of each day column.

I've put links to the files in the Philofaxy Files area as well as the foot of this post.

If you would like a slightly different set of appointment times or a reduced number of To-Do's please let me know.

2011 Print Your Own Diaries

11 comments:

  1. This diary looks lovely, Steve. What a great way to save money, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these excellent diary formats and the tips on booklet printing. I do enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a "Goals for the year" template that I am happy to send if you want it (but I don't know how to send...).
    It splits the year into quarters, then months, then weeks, so for each major goal, I allow 3 months, then I split the big goal into smaller ones to achieve in a month, then split those to what can be done in a week. The weekly goals can then be transferred to your diary/planner (if you want).
    It's A4 but goes in my A5 home fF using the Z-fold method.
    Happy to share if people want it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda
    Yes email me the page to the address shown on the About Us page.

    Many thanks
    Regards
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I roll my mouse/click on the About Us 'link', nothing happens...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Odd, works for me... anyway try this link instead

    http://philofaxy.blogspot.com/p/about-us.html

    Thanks
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. will do... don't know why the link doesn't work - it does nothing, not change colour or anything... ho hum. Email on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems to only effect Windows from my quick checks here ok with Mac OSX and Linux. So as a quick and dirty fix I've moved them to the side bar and they all work again.

    It was only the ones above 6 in number that didn't work. If I moved the order around they worked again.

    Might be a temp problem I will see if it's a known problem and they might move back again.

    Thanks for pointing it out.

    Regards
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, this great. I am in need of this type of template (a4 week on 2 pages) and the ones I have bought from filofax are no good - there is acceptable a5 diary refils but these are too small for my need - I need an a4. I run a security business primerily for licensed trade so most of my work is on saturday, slightly less on a Friday, and even less on a Thursday with only a small amount needed Monday, Tuesday, Wedneday and Sunday. My question is: is there a template for the year 2012 which we are about to enter which I could print off?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi
    Look in the files page, there are 2012 versions there.

    And this updated post:

    http://philofaxy.blogspot.com/2011/10/print-your-own-a4a5-diary-insert.html

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is there a download for a 2012 1 week to 2 a4 page diary without appointment times printed, just plain date only? thanks

    ReplyDelete