Firstly thanks to one of our 'well informed readers' for the following tip-offs....
OK I won't keep you in suspense any longer.....
- The first big shock is that the Finchley line is gone, with the exception of the Imperial Purple colour. Should we start a 'Save the Finchley' campaign? Although some of the new ranges look similar in quality.
- All existing accessories are gone, and they are bringing out the accessories to match the Malden range, which also has a new colour.
- They are also introducing the Holborn as an organiser, this was released last year as conference folders but proved very successful, it is made with Buffalo Hide instead of leather.
- Chameleon has 2 new colours, although its not very clear from the catalogue what they are.
- Songbird is staying but with the addition of a purple colour.
- Metropol has a new colour which I think may be Grey or a very dull blue, again hard to tell exactly.
- Malden in Mini and A5 as well as Personal and Pocket.
- Other lines have been removed completely, such as Mode, Guildford and Sketch.
- Classic Slimline has been removed.
- New colours in some existing lines, including a grey Finsbury (this years colour!)
- The new lines they are adding are called, Regency, Enigma, Osterley, Aston, Holborn and Apex.
You can also find more pictures and details at this website: Filofax at Spring Fair International
And if you thought that wasn't exciting enough.... take a look at this:
They are introducing a completely new product called "FLEX BY FILOFAX".
This is a notebook cover in Pocket, Slim and A5 size and comes in Black, Magenta and Slate. So you buy the cover and then you select what type of refill you want for the notebook, ruled paper, blank paper, diary, planner, contacts or jot pad.
You also get to choose the configuration, meaning there are 4 slots for you to put the item into, top, bottom or either side making it really suitable for left handed people. Its hard to explain without seeing the leaflet but believe me this is going to be huge. They are getting ordered into stockists on a special stand that will sit beside Filofax and has a screen at the top with a video showing customers how it works.
Each cover comes with a ruled notebook, jot pad and pen holder, oh and by the way, the pen holder also slots in so can be moved around the notebook as well. We believe they will range in price from £17 - £25. It will also have its own website at http://www.flexbyfilofax.com/ but it has not yet launched.
Still breathing???? Phew, lots to take in... and there was me going to buy a red Finchley Personal... now what... As always new models will most probably be released in UK first with international markets coming later.