12 February 2011
Reader Under The Spot Light - Alison
Alison has her own blog which is called Globe Trotting Cacti, Alison blogs about various travel topics and has lots of useful travel tips.
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I received a grey Filofax for Christmas when I was around 8 years of age and felt so grown up. My passion for stationary and organising was ignited. My first purchased Filofax was bright blue, it fitted my teenage years perfectly.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
Planner pad, spiral desk diary, iPhone calendar and various PDAs. Electronic organisation does not work for me (despite repeated attempts to embrace the technology) and I need the customisation that Filofax offers.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?Personal Malden in Ochre. So soft, lies flat, great inside layout and the perfect size to carry around on a day to day basis. Can you tell that I am in love....?
4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
Two. My personal Malden and A5 Finsbury (raspberry). I sell any Filofaxes that I am not using on Ebay as I like the thought of them being used rather than gathering dust on my shelves. The Filofaxes I do own get heavy usage though.
5. What do you use your Filofax for?
Personal Malden is my diary, list carrier, planner, contains my bucket list, what to read list, child related bits and finances. Basically my day to day life (my heart rate rises thinking about loosing it). It is supplemented by my iPhone which I use for my address book. My A5 is more of a reference folder for house and work projects and for tracking my PhD.
6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
The ability to customise the design and layout. No crashing or syncing requirements and I can write things down (electronic diaries just don't cut it with me).
7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
A digital photo frame at the rear. Insert a memory card and the photos would rotate (just like the ones on display in houses). Not sure the technology exists right now for such a light-weight device but maybe in the future.
8. How do you carry your Filofax?
My A5 stays in my home office and my personal gets thrown in my bag (loving the trend for larger handbags!)
9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
A pocket Malden as a list and idea book but I am waiting for the new season designs to be launched.
10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
A5 Finsbury in raspberry which was £75.
11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
The community spirit, the shared love of organisation and that every-one just gets it (that love of Filofax!).
12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
It gives me ideas on how to reorganise my Filofax with virtually every post. If I followed all the suggestions I would be constantly changing my set-up. I have to remind my-self of what works for me now and focus on that and just implement the suggestions that would enhance my organiser.
13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?
Stereophonics - Just Enough Education. I had odd songs before but wanted the complete album for my travels next week. Kelly Jones = amazing voice.
Thank you Alison for putting yourself under the spotlight... and if anybody else would like to take part please drop us an email.