05 July 2011

Cancer Charity Donation - 2011

In the past we have successfully collected for Breast Cancer Campaign, and this was done via your purchases from Filofax UK through the links on Philofaxy.

Well we are going to start collecting again. So from 1 July - 31 December 2011, anything you buy from Filofax UK via the links on Philofaxy, I will donate the commission earned to charity.

Now I need your help to do this, not only by buying through the Philofaxy Filofax UK links, but also in deciding which of the Cancer Charities to donate to.  So I need your suggestions and why... include a comment here or email me direct your thoughts on which cancer charity we should donate to this time.

All of the cancer charities I'm sure do an equally good job. What ever type of cancer you are unfortunate enough to get, it is always nasty, there's no pecking order is there, although I suppose there are some that are easier to cure than others. But it would be something we could all do without going through.

We all know someone who has suffered or has died from cancer, it has no age boundaries it can strike at any age as far as I'm aware.

It is not just people that smoke that suffer from cancer.

I realise some of you are on a 'no spend regime' and I totally support that cause too, but any purchase made, no matter how small will earn a few pence commission and it will be included in the final total.

Watch the total grow in the side bar, because every penny helps.




Thank you for your support.

6 comments:

  1. Great idea to do this again Steve. I'm very happy to support this and will use the link whenever I buy any supplies. I don't have a preference regarding the different charities - although my father did have prostrate trouble which I guess may have been cancer a while ago and was successfully treated (my understanding is that this cancer is more treatable than some others). I'll be happy to support whichever charity the majority suggests. Hopefully doing it for so many months will yield a decent figure to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS It was Parkinsons that got my Dad in the end - another worthy charity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a preference for the charity, just the fact that you're doing this, is fabulous. But I'd go with Alison if you need a vote. If there's anything I need, I will make sure to use the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here as far as charities go. My Dad died of cancer three years ago, and was wonderfully looked after by MacMillan nurses, so that could be one for your list.

    As an MS sufferer I understand the importance of these types of charities, so I am always happy to support if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I be another vote for MacMillan please. A very close family friend of mine had cancer of the oesophagus, and the MacMillan nurses were wonderful. The NHS don't really offer counselling for rare cancers, but MacMillan support as much as they can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your suggestions. Rather than deciding which charity we donate to now. I think it might be a better idea to wait until we see what the final total is.

    We may then decide to donate to more than one charity depending on the total size of the pot.

    As we get closer to the end of the year I will ask for your thoughts again.

    Thank you to everyone who has bought via the site links to Filofax.

    I'm in the process of trying to get similar affiliation schemes with Rymans and WH Smiths who as you know offer good discounts on Filofax goods.

    ReplyDelete