05 December 2011
Reader Under The Spotlight - Pati
Pati is an aspiring photographer, please visit her website . In addition, she is mum and a full time carer to her husband, who is disabled and suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Pati also helps military charities in aim of PTSD awareness.
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I was first introduced to “Filofax” type organizers at the age of 10 by mum, mum (the “organization freak “). I loved so much that I decided to save money for the real thing.
Around 2003 I finally managed to get my hands on real A5 Filofax ( I think it was Hampstead) that my auntie bought abroad and I have loved it ever since .... that happiness didn’t last long as 2 years later my dog ate it!
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have used Moleskine and Mum’s Family desk planner – both of them didn’t work for me
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
I have my favourites: My A5 Cuban ( waiting for and upgrade to a zip model ) – that’s my main House /medical filofax that holds all the stuff I need with loads of tabs so my DH can find what he is looking for and personal Ruby Deco (my DH was saving for it for over a year and in the end he got it for £80- bargain)
4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
I don’t tend to keep filofaxes that are not in use ( I donate them to my friends and family) I have 4 filofaxes (but waiting patiently for Alice Temperley for filofax )
5. What do you use your Filofax for?
A5 Cuban my house fax, A5 – Finchley my photography Fax, personal Deco – my handbag fax, and pocket Breast Cancer Campaign – currently retired (my first Filofax I bought when I moved to UK)
6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
I love the Flexibility that allow me to personalize it according to my needs , that change so often . I also love the fact that Filofax gives you so many different options to chose from – from luxurious leather to quirky patterns. Also there are plenty of different inserts and accessories to chose from - You are in complete control in what you put in it , personalize it - that what makes it unique , and makes it “yours”.
7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
I would love to have a leopard print one! When it comes to inserts I would love to see(what I use now) monthly overview page that include space for birthdays, events, bills, doctors appointments , and important dates with space for notes .
8. How do you carry your Filofax?
In my handbag. For my Deco I made pouch to stop it from getting scratched (as I tend to dump all kinds of things in my handbag)
9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
Honestly? The only one I like is Osterley - but my budget wont stretch that much ..:(
10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
It would be Deco £80
11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
I love the fact that there are people that share my love and passion for a Filofax, there are many interesting topics especially I like web finds – and thanks to them I have find so many interesting blogs like: Musings of a Caribbean Princess, Plannerisms, Imysworld that I check daily.
12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?
Rihanna “Talk that talk”
Thank you Pati for your great contribution to Philofaxy.