02 February 2018

Free for All Friday No. 481 by Nan

Hope your year is off to a good start. At this point, you may be using a new set of 2018 diary pages and lots of brand-new leaves to start the year off fresh. Maybe even a whole new organizer!

Or are you the type who keeps everything and brings back old but still useful pages as needed? I'm more that type. I carry my address pages from year to year, just crossing out and adding to them as necessary. Same for pages of reference information -- why rewrite something that still works.

It makes for a crazy mix of different leaves...but I think that's the charm of a ring-bound book. How about you?

Of course, since it's Friday, all ring-bound planner conversation is welcome!

3 comments:

  1. Hello to all. I have just sent our son up to the loft to get down the dusty cardboard box, containing my old Deskfax. Inside were some inserts -- the actual planner was discovered elsewhere. I had abandoned it when carrying babies and nappies and wipes necessitated something much smaller. So, for 15 years, I've been using a Mini Filofax.

    How do I scale down the papers and diary pages on this site? We are told to print at 84%. Does that mean that I should choose an A5 template from the list of pdf and doc files -- or should I use an A4 template?

    Any help would be appreciated, as I am now nostalgic for the acres of writing space on that B5 paper. I have small handwriting, so I can fit oodles on those big pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anthea
      All our A4/A5 diary inserts are in fact A4, but when you print them to A5 in booklet mode on your printer they get scaled correctly.

      So if you want to print on to Deskfax size paper (176x250mm) scale our files to 84% or create a page size for your printer that size and get the printer to scale to the size.

      Sadly the method varies between printers and operating systems so it's not easy to provide universal solutions for each persons set up.

      If you get stuck get in touch with me steve at philofaxy dot com

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the superquick reply. I will try these ideas. Now to find B5 paper!

      Delete