26 August 2010

Reader Under The Spot Light - Erin

So today is the turn of Erin and her picture on Philofaxy is actually of her two great danes Oliver and Gracie. She has loved and used Filofaxes since she saw the movie “27 Dresses” in which the main character has a stuffed to the gills Filofax.

Erin was in love with the planners ever since then and got the exact model that she was using. Erin's husband has been worried about her Filofax obsession and she does admit, she has to pace herself because Erin has spent a lot of money on them. But, even if she does not use them all, she loves owning them and having a collection. Erin recently bought her husband his first Filofax, a personal classic in brown and he has actually begun to use it, which makes Erin proud! Erin loves Philofaxy and the camaraderie of sharing our love of this wonderful planner and how they’re used.

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I bought my first Filofax after the movie “27 Dresses” came out since the main character in the movie had one. It was a personal red Finsbury, just like the character in the movie had. So, I think it’s been about 4 or 5 years?

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I have used Franklin Covey and Levenger and briefly dabbled with Moleskin, but always keep coming back to Filofax.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

That’s a tough one because I love them all! But, it would have to between The personal Cuban in ink (black) or the personal Piazza in blue.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

The truth? I’m embarrassed to admit....75! 

5. What do you use your Filofax for?

I use it for my every day to day schedule, debt reduction planner, and vacation planner for Ireland.

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

They are just beautiful, classy, and elegant. The materials are beautiful and I can stay really organized with it.

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

If it wasn’t too bulky, I’d love to have a slot to carry my iPhone in it. Also, I wish they would feature more of the cotton cream paper since I prefer it to the plain white.

8. How do you carry your Filofax?

My Filo is always with me, either in my purse or bag.

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

Well, the one I’m waiting for is the black one with the Swarovski crystals that was featured I believe last Christmas time. I’ve been trying to find one on eBay and they’re nowhere to be found! I don’t think I’d use it, but I’d love to have it for my collection. I would save up to buy it.

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

The most I’ve ever spent on one is probably the Eton ($225) personal in black. The leather is buttery soft and I love all the pockets, nooks and crannies. I’ve never used it, it sits pristine in it’s box but I take it out every now and again to look at and admire.

11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I love that I don’t feel like a crazy person! Well, I have to be a bit crazy and obsessional to have as many as I do, but it’s great to see what others do with their Filofaxes, how they organize them, the stories behind them, and how much people love them. In this age of technology when everyone says “Why don’t you just put your calendar in your phone” it’s nice to have paper to write on and keep and look back at. It’s not only my calendar/diary, but my journal and rememberance of days past. It’s like a little bit of history is being made every day.

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

When I think of something I’ll let you know!

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?

The new Sarah McLachlan album. LOVE her music!

Thank you Erin for your contribution to this series, I'm sure there will be lots of questions about your collection!

11 comments:

  1. Did I read that right.....75 Filofaxs.....Erin< I bow down to you hun, that is simply amazing. Gosh I would love to have tea with you, the filofax talk would be brilliant. lol

    So can you show us a picture of them all, would love to see that. Where do you keep them all?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. **grovels before the master**

    75. wow. you are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 27 Dresses was released in the US in 18 Jan 2008... so 4-5 years is really 2-3 years... that is some serious buying Erin!!!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me try again:

    Maybe I should buy that Eton after all - that would make me the proud owner of just three Filos for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could try to take a picture of them all, but it might have to be several pictures! Right now I keep them (except the one I'm using) in my extra closet. I'm willing to trade for a black Swarovski one. Oh, and Steve, I did notice that the movie only came out 2 and 1/2 years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, that`s a new filofax every second week :o) Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin gets her love of collecting from me; I'm a sport card freak, and I've only got her beat by a few hundred thousand of those joyous little cardboard pictures :)

    PS I sent the mods a picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, memo to Filofax - PLEASE can we have more of the cotton cream paper refills? I would personally like my entire system in this paper as I'm also a fountain pen user and this paper takes the ink much better. I don't mind paying the premium for the refills - but we need a bigger range!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, first time I've seen this post. That is amazing!!! And now I don't feel remotely bad for getting 18 (or 19) in 6 months and requesting 3 more for Christmas :-) And I now realise that collecting them is also a good thing to do, so I don't have to have uses for them all.

    Thank you Erin xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to admit that I love seeing a Filofax 'stuffed to the gills'although mine are pretty trim. Even seeing others use theirs is very enjoyable. In my dreams, I imagine myself on a personal tour of the Filofax Archives (surely they have one) where every single model and in every colour of Filofax is stored (all unused). The sight of those babies and the wonderful smell of leather in the air...be still my beating heart. In the absence of that, Erin you need to publish photos of your collection.

    ReplyDelete