23 August 2010

Reader Under The Spot Light - Nickie

Nickie has been one of our readers for some years and she is also a very active blogger in her own right, if you get a chance look at her Typecast2000 blog.

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I first had a Filofax in the late 80s - just a small one, black in colour I think - it was a present for Christmas I think just after I started work full time. I can remember considering it the Holy Grail back then. I didn't use one so much when I had a career break to raise my family but returned to a Filofax rather than a diary and notebook when I settled back into work again.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I'm a bit of a stationary freak so have always used notebooks of some description, not necessarily a "branded" name, more the fact that the design suited my needs at the time.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

I can't really choose because they all serve their own purpose.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

Three - A5 Black Metropol zip, Personal Yellow Hearts, Brown Personal Cuban Zip

5. What do you use your Filofax for?

The black Metropol is my work/personal organiser. If you want to know anything about me or where I'll be then you need to take a nosy in here.

The Yellow Hearts is my writing journal. I keep all notes, ideas, brainstorms, details of freelance work, writing contacts, due dates, etc in here

(Both of these Filo's have appeared in their full glory on Philofaxy in the past)

The Brown Cuban is sort of a "spare" when I keep all my extra pages ready for use. I've used this one on and off as my every-day organiser but it's just not big enough to use for all the information I need for work.

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The fact that it's ever-changing but still static. I also like the fact that in this world of evolving technology, people still need to write things down and many are returning to using a Filofax for that exact reason.

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

I don't think there is anything I would change. That's the beauty of the Filofax - you *can* actually style it to your own needs rather than the way in which someone else has recommended.

I would like one that is tri-fold... that would be a bit different but I imagine it would be quite bulky.

I suppose we could invent some punched inserts to house an iPhone/Blackberry/android phone because of the dual use that I have already mentioned.

8. How do you carry your Filofax?

In my handbag or in my hand by my side. I dread looking like DelBoy in Only Fools & Horses, walking with it outstretched in front of me.

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I bought the Yellow Heart just after it's release in March.

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?


£40 on the Metropol. I dread to think what I have spent, in total, on inserts for the three Filo's put together. I could probably have had a luxury holiday or a brand new car.

11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?


The variety of posts, the dedication of the writers (a note of thanks here to Steve, Laurie and Nan), the enthusiasm for a long-standing, much ribbed, retro item and the fact that they work with official Filofax suppliers to bring readers up-to-date information and discount codes.

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

The fact that it's not been discovered by enough people (yet)!

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?

The Glee Soundtrack.

Thank you Nickie for agreeing to go under the 'spot light'

.

1 comment:

  1. Nickie, in response to your question 12, I'm in the process of complying some stats on visitors to the site. I will publish this sometime next month.

    ReplyDelete