Susan is better known as Kanalt17 to most of our readers, also has her own planner blog - Life Well Planned If you haven't read the posts on there, you should find some time to do so, I always find them very well written and there's always some useful ideas and thoughts in each post.
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I received my first Filofax as a gift, though I did ask for it. It was a personal chocolate domino. Still have it!
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I used to use DayRunner. I have also used At-a-Glance and have tried Franklin Covey, though I didn't stay with them for long.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
Currently, the personal Guildford (only comes in black). I also love the Guildford Slimline but isn't practical on a daily basis.
4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
5. What do you use your Filofax for?
I use different binders for different reasons - I have my personal every day one; my family one; and travel one; the rest are being used for storing inserts at the moment.
6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
Flexibility - you can use it however you need it, change it as you see fit. That's the part that makes sharing the best - you get lots of ideas from other people and how they use theirs.
7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
Like many others I presume, monthly sheets with corresponding tabs and a place to take notes for the month - the months would not be back to back on the sheets.
Also, I'd love to see a binder where the ring size falls in between the personal and the slimline - something a little thinner than the personal but a little bigger than the slim.
One more thing - insert with a little pizazz - nature scenes or designs. Something a little more eye-catching.
8. How do you carry your Filofax?
I carry mine with me to work every day. I put it in my bag and take it out and leave it on my desk throughout the day. Often times I leave it at home when out otherwise, unless I know I'll need it. When running errands, for example, I will bring it with me and leave it in the car while I'm in different stores.
9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I LOVE the personal Malden in either black or crimson - I can't decide which I want more. I would very much like to buy it. Though due to the expense, I will have to budget for it.
10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
Currently, the most I have spent was for the Finchley. It is going to $115 US but it was cheaper at the time. And I tend to buy through a different retailer which charges less than the US Filofax site.
11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
The sense and growth of the community. Not only am I so excited that there are people out there who share my passion, but I have made many new friends because of it.
12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Is there anything NOT to like?
13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?
The last full CD I downloaded was Lady Antebellum. I have downloaded various songs since then.
Thank you Susan for going 'under the spot light'