26 May 2011

A Date For Your Diary - 5 June





New York

London

Paris

Jakarta


We are going to run another conference round-table voice chat using Skype. The last one was a great success  and possibly the longest we have run.

I'm sure we are gradually getting to know each other's voices, but I will make a point of going 'around the table' to get everyone to introduce themselves this time.

So...When, Where, What, Who and How?

When? - Sunday 5th June from 10am (US East Coast time), 3pm London time, 4 pm Paris time 9pm Jakarta etc. Times here for your city/time zone. At Laurie's request we are moving forward a couple of hours so she isn't quite so late to bed!  See the clocks at the top of this post to see roughly what time you should be on line.

Where? - an on-line chat using Skype.

What do I need? - just a micro-phone and some head phones(in ear phones work fine) and a free Skype account. Using headphones reduces 'echo' on the call.

Who - All of you... connect up with Philofaxy and we will attempt to get as many of us linked in to the audio conference as possible.

How -

  1. Connect to Philofaxy by firstly searching for Philofaxy in Skype, I will then add you as a contact.
  2. Then  'Start Chat',  I will then add you in to the chat room. 
  3. Then if you request it, I can add you to the audio conference as well. But if you just want to chat via keyboard that's fine. That way it's slightly less hectic for me! 
Come and join in the fun, even if you only pop in to say hello...

As with previous round-tables there will also be a parallel text chat room going at the same time as the voice conference.

If you need any assistance setting up Skype, please pop a comment in this post and I will try and help you get one line. Skype is free for computer to computer calls....

Hope to be chatting with you on Sunday 5th June.

11 comments:

  1. great! a date I can finally do because uni will have finished!! by the way, the date on the When? section says 1st May not 5th June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the sunday before my week of four hellish exams... but will put it in my diary and pop in for a brief chat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be at my parent's house that weekend, but maybe I can make it... I'll note the date in my newly set-up A5 Domino (yay! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the early hour for this Chat! I can't do the 11 pm but I will do everything in my power to make this 9pm chat! I miss chatting with you all and I'm really looking forward to it!

    Steve, please tell me where you got/ how you set up the clocks, I want to make that a permanent feature of Plannerisms' home page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Steve, for setting this up! My rugrats will be heading toward dreamland so I can chatty chat with Vicky...er...Kyla...and everyone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra, I think it's 9 a.m. CDT, no?

    A bit early on a Sunday morning for me, but totally worth it! I'll do my best to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. J and all-

    Yes, 9 a.m. in Chicago. This time of year drives me crazy. ;) When I misread and post poorly, I need to sloooow doooown.

    That's midmorning for my crew, sadly enough...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the new, earlier time. I'm usually home and still sipping coffee at that point. I will be there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unrelated to post: (mostly)
    Where did you get that time zone app/ clock thingie? I need one of those on my desktop.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too Steve! I know you sent me the information on how/where to get it but I can't find that message now. I've been to the website you said but couldn't figure out how to do multiple clocks like you have here. Help for the hapless?

    ReplyDelete